Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fruit "Ice Cream"...

Awhile ago, I was in the mood for some vegan ice cream, soft serve fruit, etc, and I didn't have any such item in my apt. Besides, it was 11pm, and I was in my jammies!
I remembered all the posts and recipes that I read about putting frozen bananas in the food processor and ending up with "ice cream". I had bananas, but none of them were frozen. Then I realized I had some portioned frozen fruit bags in the freezer, (that I use for my post workout morning smoothies). So I took one bag out of the freezer, (it was probably about a cup of mixed frozen fruit), put it in the food processor, along with a cut up a fresh banana. After a few minutes of mixing, it came out just like "ice cream"! Only tastier and completely healthy! Just fruit! No added anything...After trying different fruit combos, my favorite is simply mixing frozen pineapple with a fresh banana. So, without further adieu, here is my quick and easy recipe for fruit "ice-cream"!

Here's what you'll need
  • about 1/2 to 1 cup of frozen fruit of your choice, (I use frozen pineapple from Trader Joes)
  • 1 fresh banana
  • food processor
Put the frozen fruit in the food processor.
Add cut up banana.
Process until smooth.
Now it's ready to eat!
It's so smooth and creamy, you'll be surprised how easy it is!
Sometimes I add semi sweet vegan chips. You can add any topping of choice!
Eat and enjoy!

No comments: